Monday, April 27, 2009

Citizen Ship Credit

The Vagina Monoluges

I attended the play here on campus called The Vagina Monoluges. This play was very..interesting and unique for sure. I knew already that the play delt with women speaking out and telling of "womanhood" and such but I had no clue that the actresses would actually be up there and talking about their..parts. It was kind of an awkward situation for me when I was attending too because I got stuck sitting between two women I didn't know and they apparently found everything to be funny. But the play was informative, that's for sure. I learned a lot about women that I did not want to know.

Motorcycle Wreck

Last weekend a friend of mine got back from basic training for the army. He came back to my old hometown and so I left campus and went back on Friday night to see him. A few of my other friends came in to town also for his coming back party and it turned out to be one unexpected unforgetable weekend. We were all just hanging out in town that night and decided to head over to the park and one of my friends that was with us was on his Suzuki GSX-R 1000. And if you don't know what that is it was, at one time, the fastest production motorcycle. We got to the park and he pulled in just as I was getting out of my car. As he entered the parking lot he decided he would show off by doing a wheelie. Well I guess he didn't expect to get it as fast as he did and he was heading straight for a building on one wheel. At about 65 mph he laid the bike down on the pavement and slid until the bike hit the step of the building and sumersaulted through the air. Folling the bike, he hit the step and bounced into the air hitting the wall at about 20mph. We ran over expecting the worse but surprisingly he got up on his on will and was fine other than some road rash on his knees (he was wearing a jacket, gloves and helmet). We took the bike back to his house that night and we're planning on putting it back together as soon as the parts come in.

Assassins

Last sememster I attended the musical here on campus called Assassins. I thought that it was one of the best performance that i've ever seen live. The play was about all of the attempted and successful assassinations on the presidents throughout history. It started with John Wilkes Booth and his assassination on President Lincoln. From there on it would show the other assassins before they killed the presidents and Booth would follow around them inspiring them to do it. As each progressed, more and more of them would follow around inspiring the next assassin to go through with it. The musical was very well played out, I thought, and I would certainly attend it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment